THE ROLE of Or Bleu
Bring to knowledge: encourage the general public to grasp the subjects around the maritime economy and the public of the sea.
Exit specialist universes: at all "National Navy" of "it is not easy because the maritime world is very sectorized"
Raise awareness and "popularize" access to the maritime world.
Disseminate and promote what exists, or is being created.
Support actions & creations, individuals, associations, companies, ... who work in the maritime sector.
Publicize through a permanent buzz-forum: disseminate leads & services to challenge the public and private spheres.
Earth is a planet Sea
a breeding ground for human activities
VITAL70% of our O2
NOURISHINGWater & Nutrition
HEALTHY & REGENERATORHealth
SOCIALMillions of jobs & Exchanges
CIRCULATION90% of world transport
ENERGYMarine Renewable Energy
HABITABLEPorts, Lakes Cities
REGULATOR & MODERATOREnvironment
STRATEGICSecurity, Politics & Military
PLAYFULLeisure & Competitions
INSPIRINGHistory & Literature
DreamlikePaintings & Dreams
Europe & the sea
In a world in perpetual environmental, economic and social change Or Bleu wants to be an architect of this field of extraordinary opportunities for the general interest.
» Unknown figures
- 22 out of 27 member states of the European Union (EU) are coastal states
- 70.000 km of coastline form the European coast, from the island of Cyprus to the North Cape near the Arctic. Activity of: civil construction - transport - oceanographic research
- 17 seas and 4 oceans shape continental & overseas Europe
- 51% of Europeans live less than 50km from the coast
- 5 million jobs directly depend on maritime activities and as many indirectly depend on it
- 90% of exports and 43% of imports are shipped by sea
» Economic legitimist: The EU has 50% of the world fleet and is a world leader in
- Maritime Transport
- Energy production at sea
» Maritime activities alone represent 5% of Europe's GDP
Europe is also the 1st tourist destination in the world and maritime tourism continues to grow. As for the food processing, renewable energy, underwater telecoms, underwater biotechnology and other aquaculture industries, they are major productions in Europe.
Or Bleu audiences
All concerned ...
15/30 year olds : Address a passion
L'Or Bleu brings to their attention the various access routes to the trades of the sea.
- Open new perspectives for them in the face of traditional industries
- Give them the opportunity to invent a new life
- The sea trades rhyme with passion!
30/50 year olds : A 1ages see 2st sports
These sea trades can represent a first or even a second departure from a professional life.
» Goal :
- Propose retraining or professional reorientation
50/70 year olds : Experience serving others
L'Or Bleu is aimed at professionals who have regained freedom of action to now transmit and communicate.
» Goal :
- Allow them to put their knowledge at the service of others
Or Bleu missions
In this changing environmental, economic and social world, the Or Bleu is a "promoter" of the field of opportunities represented by the trades of the sea & the maritime economy in general.
Promote future industries
Blue Biotechnologies and R&D
Marine Renewable Energies (EMR) and off-shore energies
But also : Transport - Boating - Housing & Town Planning - Water & Food
on the Future Pathways
Bleues and R&D
Through the study of the living and knowledge of the systems and molecules derived from its biodiversity, lat sea constitutes an immense reservoir conducive to providing sustainably to man multiple components with vocation:
- energy (renewable and alternative energies)
Marine Renewable Energies
The oceans contain all the energy that humans need
Marine Renewable Energies (EMR) are the solution to the energy transformation: ecologically efficient and job-creating
EMR = 4 sources of energy:
- Offshore wind energy, now floating. Main source of production: winds
- Tidal energy uses ocean currents. Predictable and permanent energy, unlike wind without visual impact
- Wave energy uses the force and the movement of the swell: the waves
- Marine Thermal Energy (ETM), OTEC in English comes from the difference in temperatures between surface and deep waters in tropical seas. Stable energy available 24/24
The construction sites on the coast and the port cities are ready to participate in the dismantling of ships.
- 98% recovered waste can be re-used.
- 70% ships scrapped in 2011, left for yards from India, Pakistan or Bangladesh.
Shipbreaking is an important job opportunity, above all making it possible to concretely practice the circular economy for:
- Put an end to so-called "wild" naval abandonments and demolitions
- To oversee the shipbreaking cycle
- Establish close collaborations between shipbreaking companies & shipowners
- Promote the image of naval deconstruction, transform it into a non-polluting, secure industry, value chain for the entire industry